Power of the Vote
Who can register to vote?
To register to vote you must:
- Be a United States Citizen.
- Be at least 18 years old on or before the next election; 17 years old to vote in a Primary if you will be 18 as of the following General Election.
- Live in the precinct at least 30 days prior to the next election.
- Not be convicted and in jail.
- Not claim the right to vote anywhere else.
Same day registration
If students want to register same day, they need two forms of ID, one of which shows their current address.
- a current and valid photo ID
- a current utility bill
- bank statement
- government check
- a student ID along with a lease or other government document that shows name and address
- for students living in a residence hall, showing your address via MyHousing